My wife's cichlid tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I see that you are in the Houston, TX area. Maybe you could rehome those cichlids through your local aquarium club. :)
http://www.houstonaquariumsociety.org/

Looks like they are having an auction next month- that could be fun!

It would be nice if their horrendous advice, was just "silly". But so many ignorant or greedy FS people are doing a lot of damage with their really bad advice.

In all fairness, caveat emptor. Research is key and at some point the buyer needs to take some responsibility for educating himself or herself.

severum mama;1302580R said:
Research is key and at some point the buyer needs to take some responsibility for educating himself or herself.

This is true, but also if you think about it, the consumer might think they are educating themselves firsthand by asking a "fish guy," not realizing they are getting the wrong advice. However I still agree that they should do more research first, rather than take the first advice they get. Also, it's irresponsible to walk in the LFS knowing nothing, planning to get some advice, and walk out with fish the same day.

Back
Top Bottom