My Yellow Wrasse is always Agitated..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

euro_Boy_To

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello,

I've had my yellow wrasse for about a year.. recently (for about a two months actually) it had been getting angry at it's own reflection in the aquarium wall.

It can clearly see itself and it turns and charges viciously at the glass. It also gets a black spot behind it's eye when it does this..

Any ideas what to do? I have only two other clowns in the tank, its a 30G and a bunch of live rock.. the clowns are very happy and I'd say have the best attitude thus far.

I change the water regularly and all the tests I did don't reveal anything bad about water quality.. I even got an extra phosphate test and it's zero, however I think the algae are sucking the phosphates that's why it's zero.

I have quite a bit of green algae on all the rocks.. the nice purple stuff hasn't got a chance to grow on my rocks, the algae took over before it could..

Any ideas?

Thanks .

sounds like he is just quirky, sometimes, you can't predict an individuals fish's behaviour. Sounds like something he just does. Sorry I don't have a better answer, but that is what it sounds like to me. Maybe he is a bit cramped in a 30 gallon, how big is he?

Well, I've seen bigger yellow wrasse. I'd say he's a medium, about 2 inch..

Liveaquaria says 30g is minimum so I thought it would be ok..

He doesn't do it all the time thankfully.. explores the tank mostly, but towards the end of the day he starts doing that.. maybe I should run the light a bit less.. what's the recommended time to leave the lights on, and from what hour to what hour?

It depends on personal preference. I keep mine on from 9A-9P. I know most people keep them on 8-12 hours.

Back
Top Bottom