Mystery &Assassin snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

toolman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I currently have pond, ramshorn &assassin snails in my 75 gallon livebearer tank. The pond and ramshorn's come from that tank plus any I catch in my 10 & 55 gallon tank. My son's tank developed a crack so he put his two mystery snails in my 10 gallon shrimp & endlers tank.

What's everyone's thoughts on the large mystery snails going in the 75, would they survive with the assassin's. Obviously any mystery offspring would follow back to the 10 gallon tank. The gold mystery is just over quarter size & the black/dark one is about silver dollar size.

Just wanting opinions, not gonna do anything without research and lots of thought.
Thank You in advance for thoughts, suggestions, help, and ideas.

Sorry I'm not organized, you can tell I don't start many threads. Lol

There are 9 assassin's and ~20-30 other snails I the 75.

Here's another picture. 1492822823709.jpg

Attachments

• 1492822823709.jpg
    1492822823709.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 35
It doesn't matter how big they are. Assassins drill holes in the shell or use neurotoxins to immobilize their prey. I'm guessing they would go for easier food first, so you certainly wouldn't see any little ones.

I have been reading everything I could find on this, a lot of mixed opinion but some very knowledgeable people agree that they could take out the mystery but probably won't. One thread I read even had a breeder say they kept them together. May just leave them in the 10 and feed them so they don't go hungry.

Back
Top Bottom