Mystery eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xxsurdocxx

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394901859.628738.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394901897.374555.jpg

I found these this morning at feeding time. Any one know whose they could be? The angel fish are spending a lot of time near them, but i also have corys. Any ideas/ help?

I believe they are angel eggs. I'm fairly new at this, but I know that angels lay their eggs in rows so as the female lays them the male can fertilize them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ive been breeding for about a year and they are def angel eggs! turn the filter off so that any wigglers that fall wont get sucked it.
congrats!

Ready through the wigglers at last thread. Its all about angelfish breeding. But you should have wigglers after 3 days, and the fry will be swimming about 5 days after that. They don't need food until they swim as they will still have their yolk sack. Baby brine shrimp is suggested food, but hard boiled egg yolk also works good.

Sent from my NX008HD8G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wow thank you. I wasn't even aware that I had a breeding pair until I saw the eggs! The proud parents seem to be doing well. They don't seem too interested in eating the eggs anyway. I hope they feel the same when they hatch!

If they are caring for the eggs chances are they will also care for fry, but the issue comes when they start swimming... the other fish in the tank will try to eat them. It would be in the pairs best interest, as well as their tank mates to get them a 20g tall tank for them, with a sponge filter and heater, as well as a piece of slate or upside down plant pot to spawn on, and a plant or 2 for security. No gravel or anything as it will trap fry, as well as waste and bacteria... pm me if you need more help.

Wigglers this morning! I think I might get a tank divider to separate the angels from the rest of the fish.

No gravel!!!! The fry will get trapped in it and die. It also hides and holds waste and harmful bacteria and makes the tank harder to clean.

Also, just noticed what you have for a filter in there. I have the same one, and it sucked up and killed quite a few fry...

Still have around thirty fry. I did address the filter issue with some netting. They seem to be avoiding it alright.

Those are defiantly angel eggs,I found angels very hard to breed,then I moved to goldfish keeping.Good luck at caring for your angel babies:) :) :) :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Did you remove the gravel as I suggested???

Yes. I removed the gravel and even had about fifteen free swimmers! But my landlord decided to work on a power line without letting anyone know and the poor little guys died from no heater =[ =[ . Im sooooooo disappointed. Im hoping my breeding pair will spawn again. =\

They will!!! Get them a sponge filter and you should be able to just let them raise the fry. That's what I do. So awesome to watch them care for babies!!!

Back
Top Bottom