Mystery snail breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just make sure they can't escape the tank. If they do and they fall and their shells crack its usually all over for the snail. Also when the snails hatch don't expect all of them to make it. You will have somewhat of a die off but that's ok because otherwise you would have a zillion snails. You might want to set up another tank for them because all the babies will increase your bioload so if you keep them all in the original tank your bioload could get heavy. Might need to do more water changes. They like leaf lettuce too. Let me know if you find anything out about the dill as that is a new thing for me.

The dill has the biggest calcium content of all the other veggies it seems. 208mg per 100g serving.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I do have another tank that is holding a ton of platies that my dad didn't have room for after his went on a breeding frenzy. I honestly kinda want them to find a new home so I can turn that tank into a terrarium.

I'm in Chicago. I have 10 to find a home for

Giving.

Not really. I don't have a car. I could meet you downtown like by the south shore station? Hard to get fish to stand still for a picture lol. But that's what color they all are. My dad used to have some pretty yellow, and black and white ones, but the red and black bred out all the other colors.

Attachments

• 1408161767924.jpg
    1408161767924.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 74
Another angle.

Attachments

• 1408161863723.jpg
    1408161863723.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 75
The tank needs a lot of fixing. Which is why I want to turn it into a terrarium. Maybe get some hermit crabs or land snails. I love snails lol.

Let me think on it. If you find someone closer in the mean time I won't be upset. Maybe put them on Craigslist even. You might find someone closer. :)

Thanks. :)

Do you live anywhere near Jesse Brown Veterans Hospital? My dad goes there and I could always ride up with him and meet you there if its convenient.

I can get there pretty easy.

To me, if I can get there by bus or train, it's convenient. :)

I need to hit the sack though. Let me know when is good for you if you decide to take the fish. I'm a stay at home mom so anytime is good for me lol.

Thank you for all your helpful advice!

Back
Top Bottom