Mystery snail dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VancePants

Aquarium Advice Newbie
dvRd6DN
Hi, I have a 20 gallon aquarium with 6 neon tetras and 3 silver tip tetras, a bristlenose plecostomus and a few bladder snails, I recently got two blue mystery snails that were doing great up until about a week ago where they stopped eating, or at the very least not from what I could see, eventually they started to huddle together, before one started falling off the glass and falling still on the substrate before slowly climbing back up, I did a few water changes to see if it would help, but didn’t change anything, sadly the second snail has started to do the same thing, becoming seriously sluggish and when I came home, it was laying on the bottom of the tank half open, but still alive as when I gave it a tiny tap on the shell with one of my nets it retracted slightly, I was wondering what could be happening, since the smaller bladder snails are thriving, but the mystery snails are dying off

Tank size: 20 gallons planted aquarium
Ph: 7ish
Ammonia: 0
Nitrites: 0
Feeding: a small pinch of tropical fish flakes each day and a algae disk each time the previous is consumed

Any questions or comments are well welcomed

Back
Top Bottom