Nano cube 28g cf-quad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. rY

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys im a new member just wanna get some advice heres my 2 weeks old nano cube

image-1666214628.jpg

Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks
And could anyone tell me when cycling will be over? Thanks

When you can dose ammonia to 3-4ppm and it and nitrItes are down to ppm in 24 hours, you are cycled.

spoonman said:
When you can dose ammonia to 3-4ppm and it and nitrItes are down to ppm in 24 hours, you are cycled.

You mean when ammonia and nitrites are down to 0ppm and nitrates are sky high it means my tank is cycled? What do i do with the nitrates? Thanks!

Do i need to clean or replace the sponge or the carbon at the back of the cube?? Thanks a lot really appreciate it! :)

You can skip the carbon in the filtration if you want, I used to use it every other month. Or you can use chemipure elite which lasts for multiple months, thats what I use now. If the sponge is icky you can rinse it in tank water but otherwise I would just leave it.

Ok thanks carey, and one more thing, can i add clean up crew before the cycle is over or it has to be when its done?

Never add anything living to a cycling tank. :-D

Not coral, snails, hermits...pods....anything.

If it's alive it can be killed by ammonia or nitrite.

Thanks again carey!ill just have to wait then :D, will the brown stuff on the rocks disappear?

Yea 6 hrs a day thats what the people from my lfs told me. Im gona turn them off then, thanks!

2nd week of my tank, did a test using api master test kits, and results are as follows, high ph=8.0, ammonia=0.25ppm, nitrite=0.25ppm, nitrate=10ppm. Can anyone tell me whats goin on

Last weeks results are as follows ph-same, ammonia-.50, nitrite .50, nitrate .20, idk y it all went down, pls HELP

Are you dosing with ammonia? If so, you need to keep re-dosing to get the bacteria to grow. Get it back up around 3-4ppm. When it processes the 3-4ppm ammonia and nitrItes into nitrAtes in 24 hours, you are ready to do a big water change and add creatures!

Have you done any water changes?

I did 50% weekly until it was cycled.

Remember, saltwater tanks take time. Be patient and don't rush things.

Back
Top Bottom