Nano Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
SO I got a beautiful 36 gallon bowfront to make a nano tank with and I want some stocking suggestions and order advice. I will list my stocking ideas and yall through in your suggestions. I will put *s around the fish I just cant go without :)

4-5x *scarlet badis*
4-5x sparkling gourami (kinda dont want to go without it)
10x pygmy cories
10x *green neon tetra*
10x dwarf rasbora (not sure which species yet)
10x Celestial pearl danios
3x otocinclus
3x blue neon goby

I would love to have some sticklebacks but nobody can find them :(

Also will have red cherry shrimp and possibly assassin snails.

So basically the scarlets are my favourite fish so they arent going anywhere. I would like to make this tank active and colorful. I DESPISE that ticking motion tetras make so I cannot have only tetras or it will drive me crazy! I want something that swims smooth!

Also I will be buying some fish this week so do any of these fish need to be added in a specific order?

Thanks and God bless!

This sounds like a really neat idea I would like to see it once it is finished....sadly I don't know much about Nano fish except pug,y Corey's which I would deffinatley recommend they are cute little guys with great personalities

i would put the gourami and badis in last so they dont establish their territories and attack new fish. sounds like its going to be a great tank!! blue neon gobies need a lot of filtration/aeration and algae to graze on

This sounds like a really neat idea I would like to see it once it is finished....sadly I don't know much about Nano fish except pug,y Corey's which I would deffinatley recommend they are cute little guys with great personalities
Oh no! You have not actually got to enjoy this hobby fully yet! Go! Now! Buy a 10 gallon and get started! lol
i would put the gourami and badis in last so they dont establish their territories and attack new fish. sounds like its going to be a great tank!! blue neon gobies need a lot of filtration/aeration and algae to graze on
Ok thanks! I will add the gobies 3rd to last and the badis and gouramis last! I may start with some furcata rainbows. I forgot about those! Would that work?

furcata rainbows are known for being nippy and probably wouldnt go well with the small tetras, raspboras and danios

furcata rainbows are known for being nippy and probably wouldnt go well with the small tetras, raspboras and danios
Oh... I thought since they were an inch and a half they would be ok. See this is why I have yall! lol What can I get that swims smoothly and schools and is good for a kinda soerta not really cycle.

maybe cut the schools of 10 down to 8 and add 8 marbled hatchets they will school near the surface. the danios, tetras, and rasboras will school in the middle and the cories will hang around the bottom

maybe cut the schools of 10 down to 8 and add 8 marbled hatchets they will school near the surface. the danios, tetras, and rasboras will school in the middle and the cories will hang around the bottom
Oh I didnt think of that! Will the marbles look to big? Also there is no cover up top would they be ok with that?

Furcata rainbows are very peaceful, they work great as community fish. Personally I would drop the rasbora school if you wanted to get them. I really love mine, they are very active.

Why dont you get black tetras. Not skirt tetras or neons. The blacks dont "tick" if im not mistaken but, it is fun to have fish that tell time!

Why dont you get black tetras. Not skirt tetras or neons. The blacks dont "tick" if im not mistaken but, it is fun to have fish that tell time!

If only they knew how to read a clock. It's half past scale or a quarter to feeding time

Yeah and I like black tetras over neons. They are a bit bigger and seem less fragile but a school of 50 neon tetras and 50 black tetras would look AMAZING

My dream tank, I hate how neons are so small. I have a school of both and there awesome

Back
Top Bottom