nano info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fredenj

Aquarium Advice Regular
How much would it cost to have a 5.5 gallon nano with I guess just one little fish. How hard exactly is it? Probably just gonna do freshwater, but was just wondering. :brows: Do you have to have a protein skimmer or will the live rock do it? How do you make sure there's the proper amount of salt other than with that floating gauge thing. Do you just do little water changes? Or none? Just get the amount of salt right and it'll stay in there? Or do you fill it back up with fresh or salt water? Probably going to not do coral or anything because of money and skill level with saltwater. Maybe just some sand, live rock, and a clown fish. just found this: http://www.tfhmagazine.com/details/articles/how-to-start-and-maintain-a-nano-reef.htm

Unfortunately no fish is really going to suit that size tank, it could make a cool little pico reef but if it's your first saltwater I would recommend going larger if you can. I keep a 55g and a 10g and the 10 is much more work maintenance wise than the 55! Mainly monitoring water and salinity as water evaporates but salt doesn't so keeping salinity stable is something I check almost daily. A refractometer is a better tool for measuring salinity. Check the articles on setting up and maintaining a saltwater tank for all the info you need...

Back
Top Bottom