Nano Update (with pic)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lando

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just an update on my nano. I was curious to see if I can keep a SPS in the new nano. I ended up trading a small rock with some overgrown GSP, a small capnella I fragged and a small kenyon tree coral I fragged for an A. millepra. The animal looks great. It is accu-cultured and has a ton of great looking zoos on the base rock. I am looking forward to see how htis animals does.

Attachments

• uploadable_pics_007_585x438.jpg
    uploadable_pics_007_585x438.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 144
Lando,

That looks sweet! Very nicely done.

I have been considering getting a Deluxe 12 or 24 gallon nano. The 12 would give me 4 watts/gal and the 24 3watts per gallon of lighting (i believe) any thoughts on one over the other?

I see you have a small PH in your nano. Do you not get enough current from the return PH? Also, I don't see a heater, do you have one/plan on putting one in?

Lastly, have you seen this site. There are some GREAT pics of nanos and many, many corals.
http://www.oc-creative.com/reef/Friends.asp

Thanks in advance,
Jim

thanks everyone, i really appreciate the kind words.
Jim...The new Nano Cube design is pretty good. They redesigned the PH output so you get better surface skimming (although I now know the importance of a good skimmer). There is still a little scum on the top I need to get with a brineshrimp net once a week. I went for the 12 gal. because I wanted teh higher light output. However, there is more room in the 24 if you want to custamize the lighting. I did add the second PH because I did not think the movement provided by the factory pump was near enough. Now I use both. My heater is actually in one of the three compartments in the back of the tank. The heater is circuled.

Attachments

• uploadable_pics_008_585x438.jpg
    uploadable_pics_008_585x438.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 197
Thanks. I've never seen a heater put in the back before.........very smart use of space. I think I will be going with the 12 gal and a small PH to assist with the water movement.

As always, great info Lando and thanks for the pic.

Jim

Wow Lando, that's a sweet looking setup! Sure beats my 12g nano setup! :wink:

-matt

PS - Good idea with the heater in the back - maybe I'll move mine

Lando it looks great. How much different is keeping a nano than a regular sized tank? I want one so bad, but I am afraid to, since it's so small.

Sorry Lando, another ? for ya. I imagine you have a 50 watt heater in there, do you mind sharing what model/brand it is. Looks like a perfect fit.

Kudos to you for the great info/pics....

Jim

Mary...Not much different in keeping my nano over my larger tank. Although I do ot know if I would attempt it with out some experience under my belt. I do a 2 1/2 gal. water change every two weeks and that is pretty much it. Top-offs every three days. Water parameters havve staryed stable with this schedule. It is actually easier then I thought it would be.

Jim...I am using the Visi-Therm heater by Marineland (50watts).

Beautiful tank. Already looks so established. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Back
Top Bottom