Nassarius Snails in So Cali?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luntiz

Aquarium Advice Freak
I live in the Los Angeles area and am willing to drive 20 miles+ to pick up some Nassarius Snails. I cannot find them at the LFS I've been going to and do not want to order online because of shipping cost. Thanks in advanced!

We got ours at Tong's Tropical Fish in Fountain Valley, we had a hard time finding them too because most Fish stores including Tongs don't list them as what they are, Tongs had them listed as Sand Snails. I haven't been there lately so I'm not sure if they have any. Since you are in LA, I know Jeff's Exotic Fish has quite an assortment of snails, don't remember if they have any Nassarius, but you can go in there and pick stuff up. Good luck! :)

I went to Jeff's and they did not have any Nassarius Snails...then again I'm not sure what they look like.

Oh BTW, Nassarius Snails eat Detritius right?

Also, do you happen to have the address to Tong's?

Thanks in advance!

Hmm seems they have one in LA too not sure if you've tried them here's the address in LA Tong's Tropical Fish & Pets
Address: 4327 S Vermont Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90037
Phone: (323) 235-4370

Here's the one in Fountain Valley off the 405
Tong's Tropical Fish & Pets
Address: 8976 Warner Ave, Fountain Valley, CA 92708
Phone: (714) 842-2733

Here's 2 pics of them I found
http://www.walthamhomesinfo.com/PerculaDreams/Cleanup/nassarius.jpg
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc...Category_Code=Snails&Product_Code=L-NASSARIUS

the second link gives some info on them. Hope you find some :)

Pacific Reef in Fountain Valley (NE corner of Garfield and Brookhurst) has them as well.

The Fountain Valley Tong's is located on the SW corner of Magnolia and Warner.

I got mine at Tong's a couple of weeks ago, and they were listing them as Nassarius Snails on the tank.
They are VERY cool!!!!
I got 5 to try them out and am going to go back and get 5 more. :)

edit: the Tong's in HB/Ftn Valley, off the 405 just south of Beach Blvd. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom