Need Advice for setting up an aquarium (75l)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlexI

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey there,

I'm planning on setting up a 75l aquarium. I was thinking of getting a small school of corydoras (6?) and harlequin rasboras (4-6?). I have been doing research and from what I have been seeing, they do seem to work well together.
I plan on putting down smooth gravel or sand substrate, in addition I would most likely add one or two real plants. I do already have a fake one.
Speaking in terms of a filter, are there any brands to avoid? Are there any brands that I should definitely buy?
Let me know what you think!:thanks:

Hi AlexI:

A small hang-on-back such as Aquaclear would work well in a set-up like yours. I like the Aquaclears because they have a relatively large media chamber for their size, and you can customize media rather than use cartridges.

In a small tank like yours, and with the bioload you are planning, you could also use an air-driven filter like a sponge or box filter.

-Yorg

Hey there,

I'm planning on setting up a 75l aquarium. I was thinking of getting a small school of corydoras (6?) and harlequin rasboras (4-6?). I have been doing research and from what I have been seeing, they do seem to work well together.
I plan on putting down smooth gravel or sand substrate, in addition I would most likely add one or two real plants. I do already have a fake one.
Speaking in terms of a filter, are there any brands to avoid? Are there any brands that I should definitely buy?

Hey there,

Welcome.

I prefer HOB for my smaller tanks.

Aquaclear is a good brand. I have MarineLand and Fluval C4 myself.

Rasporas and cories work great.

I would do sand for the cories. I am biased to sand anyway.

Easy live plants just just need a decent light: Anubias, Water sprite, Java Fern, Java moss, Cryptocoryne species, Amazon swords (needs root tabs).

Hope this helps :)

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Back
Top Bottom