Need advice on LEDs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ramon82

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,

I need some LEDs to fix with my canopy. The length of the aquarium is of 125cm. I do not wish to use tubes due to power consumption and moreover I am not planning to have delicate fish but rather something like guppies, neons etc

Any suggestions? ebay links?

Thanks

Are you planning on live plants? The high-power Cree LEDs are supposed to be pretty good for live plants and corals when you've got enough of them. If you're only keeping fish, there are cheaper, low-power LED options.

I wish to have some live plants, but only some which do not require a lot of lightning (electricity). You know in my country power consumption is very costly :(

Can you suggest some good LEDs I could get for cheap off ebay?

You'd be best off with a few of the Cree LEDs over a mass of cheap LEDs if you want some plants. This is especially true if your tank has any depth to it. Can you give us the dimensions? It'll help with lighting recommendations.

There you go

aquariumlabelleddimensi.jpg

That's an interesting tank. It's definitely deep enough to need the high power LEDs. For low-light plants, figure that you'll need one watt of light per gallon. You might be able to get away with less light. Your tank is approximately 50g. You'd need 15-18 3W LEDs or 40-50 1W LEDs to adequately light your tank.

Back
Top Bottom