Need Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onm1228

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello Everyone

We are a couple that have recently started a 45 gal hex saltwater tank and after some common issues w our tank we have finally gotten it up and running. Our levels are good and our fish are doing well. We have a pr of clownfish, 1 goby, a blue angel and some hermit crabs.

Unfortunately our Blue Angel fish has gotten Uronema Marinum which is a parasitic disease. We were hoping that if anyone had some advice or feedback on this we would greatly appreciate it. We have also started treatment w Kent Marine Rx-P, we would also appreciate any info on that aswell. Thank you

James or someone else that can help might be along to help out, but sick fish book is at work...hmmm, maybe I should buy two.
Can you post water parameters?
If that angel is a Holacanthus isabelita, it's going to grow over a foot and needs a much larger tank....say 150 Gallons.

I agree that the angelfish, if H. isabelita, will need a much larger aquarium. May I ask why you think it is Uronema? Even if misidentified as brooklynella (unless under microscope), Formalin is your key; Bath: .125-.167ml/liter for 60mins. up to 2-3 times daily (I'd dose once or twice daily every 3 days). Prolonged immersion: .015-.025 ml/liter or .06-.09ml/gallon every other day for 3 treatments. 50% water change every other day while equalizing dosage. Add an additional airstone and keep the temperature at or below 78F.
-Per Noga.

By the way, your medicine is for saltwater ich.

Thanks James! What other books do you recommend?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom