Need advice!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bergy42

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all...my roomy helped me set up a tank. I have a filter and heater. He told me to put fish food in without fish in the tank to create the N cycle. The water was cloudy for three days and then yesterday it was clear. I did a half water change when it was clear. Is this tank ready for fish?!?

Hey all...my roomy helped me set up a tank. I have a filter and heater. He told me to put fish food in without fish in the tank to create the N cycle. The water was cloudy for three days and then yesterday it was clear. I did a half water change when it was clear. Is this tank ready for fish?!?

Hey go here there is a lot of great info here about the fishless cycle: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f15/fishless-cycling-for-dummies-103339.html

Invest in an API Master Test Kit and Tell us more about your tank parimeters?

Three days definitely isn't long enough unless you're using a filter from another tank. The fishless cycling link, some ammonia, and the API kit should get you going. The flake method is just too dirty for my tastes.

Back
Top Bottom