Need fish suggestions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just picked up 6 at $9 each. So what s the point of QT is it necessary or just something possible?

Wow, great deal!! Aren't they pretty? :)

I would recommend QT for 2 weeks. Since you have so many, a 10 gallon would be the best size. You need a heater, sponge filter, and airstone. Change the water 100% a day to keep the ammonia down unless it is a seeded sponge, then I would change every other day. To keep the stress down, you could change 50% in the AM and 50% in the PM.

Also got 2 baby high fin plecos for 6 each and I dint have a tank for QT

As soon as I saw them in person it was love at first sight

I would go get a 10 gallon to have as a backup QT if you run into any problems. It really sucks when you have fish issues and you have nothing to help them immediately. While you are at it, get some methylene blue, its a a great QT treatment for both fungal and bacteria and its very mild and doesn't stress fish.

Ill post some photos after two things:

1. I figure out how to
2. I finish boiling my rocks and put some foliage on them

Ill post some photos after two things:

1. I figure out how to
2. I finish boiling my rocks and put some foliage on them

Great! I post my photos here via my photo bucket account. Looking forward to seeing them!

Rainbow fish would be nice in a 100g if I had a bigger tank if get some, I didn't love the look of them at first but they are soooo pretty in person. Pictures online just don't do them justice.

Yeah they are. Those are a possibility. I need some more top of the tank swimmers all I got are hatchets

Do the Denison barbs have a large bioload? And the reason I don't want clown loaches is they would eat all my MTS.

Do the Denison barbs have a large bioload? And the reason I don't want clown loaches is they would eat all my MTS.

I love the denisons... always one of my favorite fish. Active and exceedingly peaceful. Bioload is not huge. Require decent water.

Ok so it must've just been the feces from when they were in the bag... And yeah they are my favorite in my tank so far. The tank is pretty empty on the decorations though cause I moved them around and there is a big gap in the middle of the tank which the Denisons like to just sit close to the bottom and swim around in until I put my new rock formation up.

What do you mean by decent water? Like specific parameters?

Hmm. That I don't know. However, your bioload is dicatated by also what you feed them. So if you keep the food to a minimum you should be ok. I think they are very active feeders (think pirahana) so you know if they are getting enough to eat by the activity. I consider them giant tetras.

boy, if I had a 100 gallon tank. I'd literally try to make it a town of tetras. I think you should do a school of hatchetfish(4-5 inches) for the top level, and various types of large tetras for the mid level, 2 different schools of cories, and maybe 3 bristle nose plecos.

Currently I have 6 peppered cories. 2 hiding pleco which get 18" I've heard. 6 denison barbs and like 15 zebra danios. Thinking of some hatchets but I have too many fish that are silver. I want some cherry barbs maybe and some blue Mickey Mouse platies.

Re water quality:

They simply need clean water. Nothing where the nitrates get out of control. They are fish that like oxygen. They zoom a round a ton and use up oxygen as a result. In a hundred gallon, as adults, I would only put four. Juveniles would be different.

Re cherry barbs:

I like these guys as well. The guys are beautiful. The females, when healthy, are goldish and not brown.

Sorry, no pics, I have all dark rocks and driftwood and the back of the tank is black so you can't see anything.

Back
Top Bottom