Need help/advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bluereef

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Kk so I have a 40

Gallon aquarium with white gravel and I notice the last couple days a yellow spots on the gravel Like it get burned or something also yellow spot on the side glass I do water change every week this the first time I see this stuff any idea see pic

Attachments

• image-1901693466.jpg
    image-1901693466.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 42
  • image-2812866204.jpg
    image-2812866204.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 45
Kk so I have a 40

Gallon aquarium with white gravel and I notice the last couple days a yellow spots on the gravel Like it get burned or something also yellow spot on the side glass I do water change every week this the first time I see this stuff any idea see pic

Do you do any gravel vacs. How long has the tank been setup?

What is that I never heard of it before

It's a type of algae regularly seen in new aquariums, it feeds of of silicates which generally are higher in new setups. They will go away on their own or you can get a phosphate remover to help speed things along

Last edited:
It's a type of algae regularly seen in new aquariums, it feeds of of silicates which generally are higher in new setups. They will go away on their own your you can get a phosphate remover to help speed things along

Oh cool I learn something new thanks for ur help

Back
Top Bottom