Need help identifying the white bugs in this pic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tweetysvoice

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Need help identifying the white bugs in an "empty" aquarium. Been growing Cyclops and over the past week these white strands with oval organisms have started growing off the rock edge. Attached is the normal pic then 2 levels of magnification.

Attachments

• 2020-05-10-03-32-05-651.jpg
    2020-05-10-03-32-05-651.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 35
This is the reason why I keep me unused tanks "empty".

No idea but a lot of bugs love to put their eggs in (room temprature) warm/not moving water.

I just thought of the drool from the movie Alien. It's probably covid though. You should pour bleach on it and use a 2.7 jiggawatt UV lamp to bake it dry.

Well, I'm growing a big colony of cyclops in it so that's why I said "empty". - no fish or plants other than algea and a few duckweed.
Also, they are multiplying and the strands are getting longer and pooling once they hit the bottom. It's fascinating! ��

Well, I'm growing a big colony of cyclops in it so that's why I said "empty". - no fish or plants other than algea and a few duckweed.
Also, they are multiplying and the strands are getting longer and pooling once they hit the bottom. It's fascinating! ��
It's all fascinating fun and games until you wake up with those very same white strands pinning you to a chair and holding your eye lids open while the tv machine blasts jerry Springer re-runs from the 90's... aliens bro... ALIENS

Back
Top Bottom