Need help identifying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ethan7474

Aquarium Advice Regular
What is this purple weird like stuff growing on my sand bed?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393652805.176904.jpg

IMO Cyano Bacteria. There's a product called Chemiclean that will stop quick, but you will need to find and change what is feeding it. Most likely Phosphates or Nitrates from over feeding. Are you using RO/DI water? As most tap water will cause major algae problems.

IMO Cyano Bacteria. There's a product called Chemiclean that will stop quick, but you will need to find and change what is feeding it. Most likely Phosphates or Nitrates from over feeding. Are you using RO/DI water? As most tap water will cause major algae problems.

Oh ok thanks yea I get my water from a store. The store person uses rodi water as well.. Well my tank was next to the window and sunlight was hitting it.. But I just barely solved that issue by covering up the window fully..

Oh ok thanks yea I get my water from a store. The store person uses rodi water as well.. Well my tank was next to the window and sunlight was hitting it.. But I just barely solved that issue by covering up the window fully..

It's not algae. sunlight won't cause it. It's an imbalance of nutrients in the water. You might be adding too much back into the water you buy.

-nevermind they're photosynthetic.

+1. Looks like cyano to me to. What are your nitrate and phosphate levels? It can also form in dead spots in your tank so you can try and adjust your flow a little

Definitely cyno. I currently have some in my tank it can spread very fast. I have added a lot more circulation ( it will grow in low flow and dead spots)and reduced the amount I feed. I also siphond all I could out of the tank and so far so good. You can use a chemical like Chemclean but if you don't correct the problem it will just return.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom