Need help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cr1984

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 54 gallon corner tank it has been cycled for 2 months, I have aquaclear fluval 70 with 2 sponges in it and bio max media in it. Lost power at my house for about 3 days and my tank now has 1.0 ppm ammonia. I have a stock tanked of 4 dwarf gouramis, 5 mollies, 6 cories, 3 guppies, 2 patties, 1 chocolate pleco, and six snails. I have six plants in it from swords to Madagascar Lace plant, and some moss balls. I'm still learning I just added a sponge filter to it last week. I've been doseing with prime to keep the ammonia non toxic and doing 30% water changes everyday. So my question is there a safe way to recycle my tank? I don't have anywhere to move the fish so they have to stay in unfortunately. It's been about 8 days now still no nitrites and nitrates. Ph is 7.1 or 7.2 depending on my digital Metter and api test says the same, the temp of the tank is at 76 degress. Thanks in advanced for any help or ideas

If the tank was officially cycled than the parameters would be reading "stable". A 2 month old tank is still fragile, are the fish behaving strange? The sponge filter will hold a cycle for days/weeks.

Back
Top Bottom