Need help quickly please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leannaby

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi.. I had one glolight tetra pass away this morning.. I've checked levels and all are fine.. All other fish seemed fine.. Looking now tonight I have just noticed another glolight tetra with what seems like a fluffy growth on his one side of his gills.. Please can anyone tell me what it is and how to help this little fishy ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396217241.754854.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396217267.058495.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396217459.941649.jpg

I can't see any on the other fish .. What do I need to do?? And how does this happen ??

Researching it .. Thinking it may be a fungal infection and if so how do I cure this ?? All help appreciated

Buy fungal infection treatment. I would also recommended buying parasite medication just in case.

I've heard using salt can help and if so can I use the sea salt I have and how much ?? Sorry for all the question :)

Fluffy and white does sound like fungal, definitely not ick. I've used the jungle fungus tabs with good results, but they WILL stain your tank green.

Not sure on the salt. Tetras have a reputation for being sensitive to it, hopefully someone else will chime in.

Fluffy and white does sound like fungal, definitely not ick. I've used the jungle fungus tabs with good results, but they WILL stain your tank green.

Ok, haas not looked at the pictures when I posted this.

Thank you.. If I use the treatment that will stain the tank green how do I then get rid of it? Will daily water changes help ??

No aggressive tank mates.. Just guppies and tetras along with 3 adf's.. I have noticed a very small amount on another tetra now so I'm assuming it is fungal

Back
Top Bottom