Need help! White dots all over my SDs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I ended up putting neons and minnows in before I knew much about fishless cycling. A couple of weeks later I put 25,mbuna in. Battled ammonia for a little then went away. 2 weeks later lost my first fish. Then about a week after that lost another. And then I put in another 17 in about 4-5 weeks after I put in the 25 and they did fine. All these fish were from live fish direct.

The ich tank looks the same, sd's still have a ton of dots, one of them has like a larger black dot now. In the other mbuna tank, 2 more fish have died.

Day 2 raise the temp another degree. Keep up on the meds and make sure all your carbon is removed from the filters. Try and do those gravel vacs 12 hours apart to remove any Ich eggs before they hatch.

What's your nitrates in that second tank.

Day 2 raise the temp another degree. Keep up on the meds and make sure all your carbon is removed from the filters. Try and do those gravel vacs 12 hours apart to remove any Ich eggs before they hatch. What's your nitrates in that second tank.
I did, and about 20-30 on the nitrates

actually it's about 40. I did a 30 percent water change about 4 hours ago

That's more than we want but shouldn't be killing any fish. 20 ppm is a better range to be in.

That's more than we want but shouldn't be killing any fish. 20 ppm is a better range to be in.

Yeah and that is after the water change. How do I keep it down? It has fx6 Rena xp4 and fluval 306. That is def enough filtration

Yeah and that is after the water change. How do I keep it down? It has fx6 Rena xp4 and fluval 306. That is def enough filtration. The fish are only juveniles so it shouldn't be that big of bio load

No the bioload is fine. If it was over loaded then you would have ammonia or nitrite problems. Nitrates are primarily removed with water changes. Some plants will absorb them as well.

Update with the ich.. It looks a little bit better, still white dots but not as bad as the ones pictured above. Dosing the medicine every 24 hours after water change as prescribed

another update... ich almost completely gone. How long do I continue treatment?

Back
Top Bottom