Need help with a centerpiece fish. 10g.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

exodus

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've got a 10g with 3 penguin tetra, 3 painted tetra and 1 longfin rosy barb. Most of these guys just swim around, but there's no real "centerpiece" to the tank, so it looks rather boring.

Can anyone suggest a fish or a pair of fish?

Preferably no bettas, either.

TIA!

how about one dwarf gourami...those come in a variety of colors and would be an excellent centerpice fish..imo

How about 2 German Blue Rams or Gold Rams. Not sure if 10 gallons with your current stock is enough room for them. Do some research. They're awesome fish.

pwrflpills said:
How about 2 German Blue Rams or Gold Rams. Not sure if 10 gallons with your current stock is enough room for them. Do some research. They're awesome fish.

My little rosy barb loves to hug the bottom, that might stress the rams out too much. He swims around like a mental patient down there.

Maybe a bolivian..

or a dwarf gourami..

Decisions!

Yes, Bolivians tend to stay mostly around the bottom, but IME they are much less shy than GBRs.

exodus said:
pwrflpills said:

My little rosy barb loves to hug the bottom, that might stress the rams out too much. He swims around like a mental patient down there.

Maybe a bolivian..

or a dwarf gourami..

Decisions!

My vote is for a dwarf gourami. Cichlids need more room IMO... even GBRs and Bolivians. Put them in your 55 ;)

That's true. My Bolivians live in a 29 gallon. I should have remembered you were asking about a 10.

Back
Top Bottom