Need help with lighting!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NyReefer

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have recently naught the current orbit light. Didn't realize the low wattage. So I'm looking for another light to help out the current light so I can keep some sps. Tank size is a 30g biocube. Also not looking to spend a lot of money. Just around $100

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Go into eBay and buy one of the LED Chinese. I am keeping sps no problem! And they run around $85-100

I'll look into them! Thanks

Taotronics are great units. Just make sure you get one that is dimmable. LEDs penetrate water amazingly and can easily burn corals to death if not acclimated to the lighting.

The current orbit is an led now but it's only like 18 watts. So I'm lookin for something stronger to help my light out

The current orbit is an led now but it's only like 18 watts. So I'm lookin for something stronger to help my light out

But not all LEDs are created equal. There is a strong difference between .5 watts per diode and 3 watts per diode. If not adjusted, you can easily burn coral to death. I lost 500 dollars worth of coral when I upgraded my T5HOs to my Radions.

Oh I see! Thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom