Need help with my clown fish and annenamy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CdySchlic

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a Oceanic Bio-cube 29A, i have a clown fish, a white ennenamy, and a small white crab. I'm not that knowlegeable about salt water tanks but this one has been up for a while. but the ennenamy stays closed, he opened up a couple days ago but closed back up, I'm not sure if its cause the salt level is low or too high, or if theres not enough oxygen being admited, the tank does have this egg shaped ball thing that looks like a fan maybe, but does not work,, and the tank evaporates pretty rapidly, then air comes out of the tubes for filtration, is that supposed to be where it comes from, please if you can give me some advice or tips it would be appriciated, i dont want these fish to get sick, my son would be sad, oh and it has long algea or sea weed growing in a couple spots?

Anemone is very sensitive to water parameter. If you can post your current parameter or a pic it would be helpful in figuring out the problem. An average water circulation, stable temp and high intensity light are what anemone requires. I believe that egg shape thing is a power head which circulate the water. If it's not working check the plug first it might just be loose. If it's bad then you need to get a new one asap.

I agree that the egg shaped thing is probably a powerhead.

Your very first order of business needs to be to get the equipment working, appropriate test kits (Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH, and phosphate) they can be found in a reef master and saltwater master API kits, and a salinity reading of your tank water with a hydrometer / refractometer. Take the readings and let us know what the results are.

I realize that's 3 things for the very first thing you need to do but they all need to be done asap. If that anemone dies it will most likely kill everything in the tank at the same time.

Second, what light do you have over your tank?

Third, when was the last water change?

Fourth, I would post a pic or two if at all possible.

If the water evaporates rapidly are you filling it up with filtered water? Your water level might be too low that it affects the operation of other filters and pumps like the skimmer. You need to top it off to maintain the proper level.

I have a hard time understanding why people that have absolutely no knowledge of this hobby consistently set up tanks and stock them with high-demand corals/fish, run into a whole storm of problems, come to AA and ask for help, then don't answer the questions we have.......
I understand that this was posted at roughly 8:30p yesterday but it sounds as though the OP needs to get in touch with a local experienced saltie that can make a trip to the house and assess the situation. there is way too much going on for us to do much good.

I have a hard time understanding why people that have absolutely no knowledge of this hobby consistently set up tanks and stock them with high-demand corals/fish, run into a whole storm of problems, come to AA and ask for help, then don't answer the questions we have.......
I understand that this was posted at roughly 8:30p yesterday but it sounds as though the OP needs to get in touch with a local experienced saltie that can make a trip to the house and assess the situation. there is way too much going on for us to do much good.

Have to agree, people set up reef tanks as if they are gold fish bowls. On top of that, not using the internet and get at least basic understanding then come to forums to get a better understanding. Without intervention by a local, I am afraid the chances are slim of anything making it out alive, I wish them luck

Back
Top Bottom