Need help With new Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saltwater newbie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well all my fish died in my 150 gallon xh, and im looking at what to go with next i have decided to go with small, since its an xh and larger fish really wont have enough swimming space. I was wondering if I could go with like 4 dwarf angels since it is a larger tank for them.

Im going to wait one month before i added any fish.

By the way I found out why my fish died when they were hooking up my sump yesterday they found that I forgot to turn the valve back on the canister when i was cleaning the media. :(

I don't think your fish died because of not using a cannister. Not sure how that would cause fish to die. From your previous post...

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f16/all-my-fishes-dying-116702.html

... sounds like your fish died from ich.

And if that's the case, your tank needs to remain fishless for 6-8 weeks to let the life cycle of the ich parasite run its course. If you put fish in before 6 weeks, the ich will still be in the tank and will infect your new fish - even if you quarantine them. Best to wait a couple months before introducing any new fish in there.

Regarding 4x dwarf angels, I'm no angel expert but I think you may have some aggression issues between all of them, even in a 150g. But let's see what others that keep them say about it.

Gonna back up kurt on this one. Putting fish in the tank before then will run you the risk of just starting all over with the Ich. I would crank the heaters as well. The warmer water will speed up the life cycle of the parasites a bit and help to make sure they are all dead when you add them. I would set up a qt that way the last 4 weeks of waiting for the ich in your main you can have a fish in the qt to keep you busy. It is just a good preventative measure anyway.

I think you would stand a real good chance of agression with 4 dwarf angels as well. You could maybe do 2 and add them at the same time. Hopefully a 150 is big enough for them to steak out thier own ground. Will probably still see minor scuffles though.

I also agree with aggression issues. What type are you planning on? Some are downright mean and wont allow another in the tank. I also agree with Kurt that the cannister off had nothing to do with it. If ich then you need to follow what they said.

Back
Top Bottom