Need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Drill a hole in the bottom of one and place it over the top of the other?

A piece of flexible tubing of sufficient size would do it once you establish a siphon. You'd need to make sure that it was firmly held in place so it couldn't move around, that you never let water level fall below the ends of the tube (reprime each time it does), and that the tube is of larger size than the overflow line from the tank (so you don't flood the first sump). Then you're just running water through each sump in turn. You'd have to have the tubing full of water when you place it there to start the siphon though, but that shouldn't be too tricky.

I'm sure there's a reason you want to do it but... If you just want a bigger sump, why not drain to both and use 2 half size pumps (approx) for returns? Be a good time to ditch those bio balls over time too :)

so

I dont have to put both in there just wanted extra space. I couldnt fit a bigger sump underneath my tank unless i made it myself only 11 inches wide. So it will be better without bioballs in the sump

Back
Top Bottom