Need Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bamadude91

Aquarium Advice Activist
My Acei is sick! I'm trying to attach a pic. The fish has a white film that continues to grow. It doesn't look like ick. My guess is a fungus. I've had horrible problems with algae and decided to use Tetra Algae control. I followed instructions. I'm hoping it isn't killing my fish.

Photos are the best I can get at the moment.

Attachments

• image-2841669707.jpg
    image-2841669707.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 105
  • image-394837034.jpg
    image-394837034.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 100
Couple more

Attachments

• image-1659009593.jpg
    image-1659009593.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 108
  • image-4109726156.jpg
    image-4109726156.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 113
Any thoughts? Just found my Auratus dead. It doesn't have the white film that the Acei does though. My fish were healthy until I added the algaecide, so reasoning tells me they are having adverse effects from it?

bamadude91 said:
Any thoughts? Just found my Auratus dead. It doesn't have the white film that the Acei does though. My fish were healthy until I added the algaecide, so reasoning tells me they are having adverse effects from it?

Looks like color loss... Depends on if the Algaecide is okay for fish in your aquarium

Also isolation for 1 fish won't help... If its in your water the whole tank has it... Unless all you have is one fish

Well...that makes sense. That didn't cross my mind. Seemed like the thing to do at the time...
It's Tetra Algae Control for use for plants and fish. I'm a beginner so everything is learn as I go.

This is ich ...

Fish lose color when they are stressed. The chemicals you put in may have stressed them. I'm also new to this... Only had my tank 4.5 months

Attachments

• image-4179603625.jpg
    image-4179603625.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 88
My ammonia is through the roof, the API Ammonia Test Kit is 8.0 range. I thought adding the chemicals would help, but it's screwed up my water parameters.

bamadude91 said:
My ammonia is through the roof, the API Ammonia Test Kit is 8.0 range. I thought adding the chemicals would help, but it's screwed up my water parameters.

That's your problem... Ammonia will kill them quick...

Ammonia and nitrates are best help by large PWC. stay away from chemicals.. Clean fresh water is the key. You see it in your fish. Happy and full of color..

bamadude91 said:
I just finished a 50% water change. I feel horrible. I know they've got to be miserable.

Keep changing water till ur ammonia is back to zero or AT LEAST .25

What's the stats? Tank size? How many fish? When did u add the chems? Sound like ur recycling... Somehow u nuked ur bb is what I'm thinking and ammo has been building since then...

My fish are looking MUCH better after last night's 50% WC. The color is coming slowly coming back. I'm about to change out some more water.
@Andrews: The only test kit I have right now is the Ammonia. Money is tight, and the test kits to check all the parameters are rather expensive.

bamadude91 said:
My fish are looking MUCH better after last night's 50% WC. The color is coming slowly coming back. I'm about to change out some more water.
@Andrews: The only test kit I have right now is the Ammonia. Money is tight, and the test kits to check all the parameters are rather expensive.

Totally understand! If u order a kit online I can usually find them at about 1/2 the price they sell em for at the LFS :)

If I were u I would keep changing water. If u change 50% that brings ammonia down by 1/2 so if its at 8 that brings it to 4 and so on with every 50% wc...

Good luck & keep is posted!

Yeah, just finished the second 50% WC. The algaecide must have wiped out all of BB for the ammonia to get that high. It's burned their fins and I their sides are red where I guess it burned their scales off. I feel so horrible. I've been using my gravel vac weekly, so it had to be the chems.

Back
Top Bottom