Need id: silvery tick like creature?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smilla4

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I noticed something that looked like an air bubble that was a bit larger than the rest and was moving erratically under the breeder trap I have in my tank. It was trying to get out from underneath and eventually escaped.

On closer look it appeared to be kinda like a tiny silvery tick or perhaps a small spider. I tried to get pictures, but none turned out very well. I think it had 6 legs, judging from the photo. The main body seemed circular and flat.

Ever since my last order of plants I've been seeing weird things in my tank. I haven't seen anything like it outside my aquarium either.

Well, I wish you luck in ID'ing it! Maybe MGamer will be on and know what it is, he deals with a lot of plants.
Yayy for Washington!!!

Where do you get your plants? Seems like your vendor may be growing them outdoors. We did some invert identification in my ecology class and it does look kinda like a dragonfly larvae, or at least the juvenile stage of some type of fly.

Forgot to add in my post, you need to remove it from your tank and dispose of it.. It isn't all that uncommon either.

Really? I would leave it in hopes that it would somehow survive to adulthood. Then you could see what kind of critter it is.

Back
Top Bottom