Need info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah live rock is def a no go. From what I've read u need special permits from the state and most of it in Florida is aquacultured, meaning rock is placed in the water and then harvested years later, no natural rock is actually harvested. I think there's only about 10 people/companies in the state that are allowed to harvest the rock.

Oh ok. What about rocks from a beach? I've collected sand and rock from the beach but now I'm not sure it was legal lol

slitherbomb said:
Oh ok. What about rocks from a beach? I've collected sand and rock from the beach but now I'm not sure it was legal lol

As long as there's nothing living on the rock, it's dried out, basically base rock im pretty sure ur good to go. Expect in the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary.

Sand is fine. Although people get a little touchy about u walking away from their beaches with bucket loads of sand. They like to complain its causing beach erosion. Lol

Lol I LIVE HERE TOO! but yeah, I'm setting up another tank, and I really need sand, and I think the sand at the beach looks really nice.... I feel weird about going to the beach with a bucket and going in the water... I'm sure I'll get a few weird looks LOL

Omg... People are stupid sometimes lol but I might just buy my sand?? I want to find a lil urchin and put it in my tank?

Justin-fishboy said:
Omg... People are stupid sometimes lol but I might just buy my sand?? I want to find a lil urchin and put it in my tank?

Be careful u don't end up with a longspine urchin, Diadema antillarum, they are on the protected do not take list.

Haha yeah. I'll show them my tanks too! I'll have to explain to my dad why I picked up a girl when I was supposed to only pick up sand though.. Lol

Back
Top Bottom