Need some advice on ideas for a new 2.5 g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great job! I love the color of the rocks

Sent from my 710C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks! Me too! Picked them out at my LFS for only $3 a pound!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Wow, what a great deal

Looks good!

I just got a trio of peacocks today, pics here. Gorgeous fish but personally I wouldn't put one in a 2.5g

Ok how about just getting one scarlet badis then?

Ok, great! I ordered some stuff to help the tank cycle faster as well. Should I get the shrimp and let them breed and settle in, then get the scarlet badis? Or other way around?

Scarlet badis might eat the shrimps

Scarlet badis might eat the shrimps

Aren't they only about an inch? Like the size of the shrimp? Haha! I think they might eat babies though

Depends on the individual fish I think. I put off buying them because I read so many posts and articles that said they could be difficult to feed. I set up the tank with a good amount of RCS and ordered the badis. The tank is on my desk so I watch them a lot and as far as I can tell they don't eat shrimp. I've seen them next to shrimp fry and not touch them, and these are wild caught fish, not captive bred. They do love frozen blood worms though. On the other hand I've watched my clown killies stalk shrimp larger than they are!

Ok, well I'll get the shrimp and let them breed and everything and get a colony started then maybe add a fish.

I'm not even sure where I'm getting them ;) my LFS has peacock gudgeons for sure and I think they sometimes have scarlet badis. I have no clue if they are wild or captive though

If they get them or even order from you ask, they should know. Some people say it makes a difference in regards to them being picky eaters, with mine though being wild caught didn't seem to matter.

Is there a difference in how they look? So I want the wild caught type?

I don't think there's a difference in appearance, just easier to get captives to accept non live foods.

I'm excited for what this tank will end up looking like with the plants grown in and the fish and shrimp!

Back
Top Bottom