Need Sturdy Tank Lid. Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ownedbycats

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm sorry to keep bugging you guys for help, but my aquarium store was very little help. I have a twenty gallon long tank, and I had an Aqueon glass lid for it. That's the one that has two pieces of glass hinged with another plastic piece you can cut to fit your filter/cords.
I say had because my cat walked across the top and both sections of glass are now broken. Can anyone recommend a sturdy tank lid that can hold maybe twenty to thirty pounds of weight? (My cats only weigh 10-12, but I figure if I calculate high I'll be better off.) I try to keep the cats off, but all it takes is one moment of not looking behind me and the cat(s) are in and on the tank.

Plexiglass maybe? I'm sure it will be strong enough to hold your cat. Plus you can drill it or cut it to what ever you need.

Also you could build a hood for your tank. That will be stronger and it let's you add new lighting and endless possibilities lol

Look into building a canopy out of plywood. It will easily withstand the weight of your lights and cat. You can stain it or paint it to match your stand too. Google DIY canopy aquarium lights or something like that for some plans.

Back
Top Bottom