neon !!JUMBO!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kostasonia

Aquarium Advice Freak
HI all! I just bought a school of 8 Neon Jumbo and they look great!! They are even a bit bigger than my small danios.

But one of them is not really going together with the rest...its hidden behind the plants...why could a schooling fish feel better behind the plants that inside the school...??? :roll:

There could be many reasons for this but the most likely is this one neon has yet to adapt to its new tank and is in some stress. Something as simple as bright lighting can do that to a fish.

I have never known if my lighting is bright or not, good or bad, strong or weak. For a surface of 62*39 and a hight of 50 cm (around 110L or 29G) I have 2x36W and 10000K. Sorry for posting this here but I really don´t want to make another thread...

kostasonia said:
I have never known if my lighting is bright or not, good or bad, strong or weak.

your light power doesnt matter, but what the neon is use too. say if in the lfs, the neon is use to 15 watt bulbs and is suddenly in a tank with 25-30 watt bulbs, some may not adjust quickly.

i think most neons are sold are jumbo. jumbo may just be adult, im not sure. in my tank i do have a runt neon or two, they may be regulars (if there is such a thing) my female full grown jumbos are the size of ghost shrimp, thats not saying much though

My school varies from 3.5 to 4.5 cm (1.5 inches i guess..) yes...the size of a ghost shrimp for the guggest of them. What makes them different from the "normal" neons is that they have a bit more round body. Lets say they have the volume of a young danio. They are not thin and long.

Back
Top Bottom