Neon tetra tank mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danielfishlover

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So recently i went to the fish store and got over 13 neon tetras, because i dont have a single neon tetra in any of my other tanks and i always wanted to give them a shot. However i like more exotic stuff this is why i never got them. So i was wondering if there is anything really interesting(not like guppies even thouhg they are cool) i could keep them with.something like rainbow fish. Any thoughts?

Mmh, I wouldn't do rainbowfish then. I mean I believe there are species out there that could work but most of them I know of get bigger then that.

Do you want more school fish or a center piece fish?

I was wrong, there is a nano rainbow that would be right up you alley with exotic looks
It's called a spotted blue eye rainbow fish

There's also fork tail blue eyes and just blue eyes, if you a schooling fish, these are the species I would dig into.

I like Threadfin Rainbows.

If you do get small Rainbow species, be aware they are JUMPERS ! cover the tank well.

I have Rummynose in with my Neons. Nice contrast.
I have 21 Neons and 9 Rummynose in my 55g
I added a dark background and lots of plants and the Neons look awesome in a large group. Those with only 6 Neons will never see the beauty of a large school.

IMG_3984.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom