Neon tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eduguy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a Neon tetra who is sitting under my driftwood in my 10g. The other neons swimming. I noticed the neon tetra has been slightly larger in the stomach area for awhile. Possible pregnancy?
Tanks been set up for8-9 months. Temp has been movin around lots from 79- 84 f from summer heat.

Unfortunately sounds like neon tetra disease neons aren't live bearers they are egg layers how are the colors is it eating or just staying in one spot all the time

Its up right now kind of floating in one spot.colors look fine. the other fish have slightly inflamed red gills. Been like that for awhile

I fed this morning it stayed down. I usually feed twice a a day so tonight i'll give another try.

I fed this morning it stayed down. I usually feed twice a a day so tonight i'll give another try.

Try fasting the tank for a couple days fish have small stomachs and only need to eat every other day or so that's what I do fish in the wild only eat once a week maybe also it could be bloat so try fasting if not also try feeding blanched deshelled peas

More floats around near the bottom but not laying down. still a bit fatter.

Mine had the same issue, it eventually disappeared lol don't ask me where it went but I'm assuming it died I couldn't find it in my planted tank

Not sure how to upload to computer from phone.

You can upload to the app from your phone

I have a similar issue. I have a school of 6 Glofish Green Tetras and 5 roll around all day loving life and 1 just hangs out by its self... Usually behind some fake reefs it have and comes out like once a day.

It won't show up in my gallery to attach

Back
Top Bottom