neon tetras dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tarpon said:
Obviously. I still stand by what i said

O I agree just trying to eliminate variables we covered acclimation now were on Perameters (lfs is testing water to compare with op) next would have to be unhealthy batch

Maybe the neon tetras you bought were already sick and then later died in your tank, sometimes it happens.

Pick up at least 6 or more neon tetras to reduce stress, also drip acclimatize them.

Ok guys, get this. I looked in my local phone book to see what other pet stores were in town and there is actually a shop that specializes in aquariums!! That's all they sell, fish & supplies. I had them test my water and it came out just fine. So I bought 2 more neons and they have lived more than 24 hours! Not only that, but they're pretty active little buggers. Yay! The other thing I did differently was acclimate them more slowly. Not with drip, but floating the bag, adding a shotglass amount of tank water, repeat every 10 minutes for about an hour and a half. So now I don't know if this helped of if they're just a healthier couple of fish. If all goes well we'll be adding a few more tetras of some sort next week.

Back
Top Bottom