Neon with a white fuzzy patch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nshepler

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Here's my neon that I noticed has a white fuzzy patch so I moved it to the quarantine tank. Can someone help me out with this? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421468521.286376.jpg

Shep

Looks very unhappy.

Is it the white patch behind the top fin? Is it a colour loss or fuzz above the scales? Any other symptoms like a bent spine or not schooling/eating?

There's no other symptoms, it's a little stressed from being pulled from the main tank last night. But the white patch right behind the top fin it covers most of its tail. It is on top of the scales.

Shep

I would say "ick" if that's what it is, I'm no expert. Many people will turn the temp up to 86 to kill the ick, if your fish can handle it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Na it's not ick. I've delt with ick before. I thought it was a fungus but then none of my other fish have it or anything in my tank. So I'm just gonna play it by ear.

Shep

Alright ? I've only ever had 1 diseased fish and he had "ick" so that's about the only one I'm familiar with. Following this thread so I can know if one of my fish get something like it in the future :)

Okay I'll keep you updated. I've had a fungus one other time and this is similar but I can't figure out how it happened.

Shep

There's no other symptoms, it's a little stressed from being pulled from the main tank last night. But the white patch right behind the top fin it covers most of its tail. It is on top of the scales.

Shep

Is the white at the base of the tail on top of the last bit of red colour before the tail fin?

I'm going to assume fungus but to be honest I'm kind of going off the description as a bit hard to see on the photo for me.

I'm not sure if it is but it could be fun rot

Back
Top Bottom