Never seen my BN pleco eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adeebm

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Title says it all. My BN pleco is almost a year old, and I've never actually seen him eat. I drop in algae wafers and zucchini slices, and they're always gone by morning. Thing is, I don't know if he's eating, or if he's getting enough I know the other fish eat them too, so he might have some competition. His belly is fat and he's fairly active, so he must be eating something. I'm just concerned because I haven't seen him doing it. If I drop the wafers in during the day, he ignores them. So he must only eat at night(I've observed him after the lights go out, with no luck).

Anyone else find that their BN plecs are so secretive, or is mine just an oddball? It's not like he hides during the day either.

--Adeeb

I feed mine at night also so I've only rarely seen her eat. She's not very active during the day when the lights are on but when I turn the lights off she starts swimming all over. But I've had her for quite some time, so she must be eating something.

Back
Top Bottom