New 100gal tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Txredneck29

Aquarium Advice Regular
Okay I have already got my 40 gal tank up and ru Ning great with a lot of good help from members here and it's been going great for a while now.

But I am now about to get a 100gal bow front tank from a friend for free.... I'm thinking of making it look like a saltwater tank ie:Artificial Coral Reef pieces.... can anyone set me in the right direction for this or is it even possible to get such a look on fake ones? I'm not sure how to even buy all the pieces to make it look like coral so any detailed info or sites would be helpful.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I know a company that makes artificial reefs that look great and they have different ones for every size tank. I can't remember the name though I'll have to go look it up.

I wouldn't, Id make it fully planted and do some cool oddball fish: Bichirs, rope fish, Weather Loaches and maybe some awesome other fish. Ask Caleb about these, he has them all and fill you up on information! Or just a single big cichlid, that's cool. A really cool wet pet :)

Great input on all of this really appreciate it

Love it.... did ya use white rock in the bottom? Where did ya find you're artificial coral? Done the make artificial anemones

It is white rock, after doing it I really wished I used sand. All of the fake coral was purchased at pet smart, I even caught them on sale. That was around $150 for everything pictured there. They do have some fake anemones with rubber like material so they will blow in the current.

I used the black sand in my 40gal i currently have and love it. And my decorations also drm pets mart. How about filtration anyone have opinions on that I've been looking at the fluval G6 or the fx6.. is that to much for a 100 gal? I have a fluval 306 canister filter and a marineland penguin 350 on that one

Here is my 40gal

Attachments

• 1431025278474.jpg
    1431025278474.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 48
I shoot for 8-10x an hour turnover so I would look for 800-1000 gph rated flow speed. It likely will be less actual flow with media.

The fluval canisters are great, a bit pricey but... in this hobby you get what you pay for. I like HOB filters for their convenience, once a month rinse the filter in old tank water, good to go. I have a marine land 350 too. I like aquaclear a lot and honestly haven't had any problems with my aqueon 75. Cheapest bang for the buck at 400 gph for around 42$.

Back
Top Bottom