New 100l (25g) marine build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wizard4s

Aquarium Advice Activist
image-438334310.jpg

Just started a new saltwater tank which is 100 litres, I wanted to ask if it is necessary to have a skimmer? Or can I just use powerheads for flow and a small internal filter with floss which will regularly be changed?

Grats on the new tank!

On a tank that size water changes every week will be good, you don't need a skimmer if you dont have room/want one. :)

I would use at least one, probably two small powerheads for flow. As far as filtering, have you considered a hang on back type like an aquaclear? An internal will take up a good chunk of space inside the tank.

Thanks for the reply I also have an issue with lighting, at he moment it only has 1 t8 18w fitting an an Eco aqua led daylight tube 9w with not very much space, do you think these would be ok for some low light corals?

image-2011561400.jpg

image-3885569436.jpg

Unfortunately with that lighting setup i don't think you'd do very well with any corals. "Maybe" some mushrooms but that would probably be pushing it.

How wide is the tank? I;m guessing you are overseas from the links you posted so I'm not too sure where to even look for a new fixture....lol

I found a crack in the bottom of the tank :( had to downgrade to a 70 litre about 14-15 gallons

image-4072448989.jpg

Also got my myself a boyu wg-310 nano skimmer, which is producing wet skim not frothy skim like I want but hopefully just needs breaking in.

Back
Top Bottom