New 10G Sand Setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richiestang_78

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently redid my 10g with sand and here's the end result, no fish yet. Plan on putting a Betta, couple of shrimp and I want some kind of bottom fish that will help stir the sand a bit. Any suggestions on what would be good for 10G?

img_973323_0_11e2a211586ea21419530148fdeb5e8a.jpg

Very nice setup!

As for fish...
i would go for...
2-3 shrimp
a school of guppys
MAYBE a snail of some kind. (dempending on the amount of swimming space left)

Id be careful with the guppies and a betta together. flowing fins arent betta friendly, however, your betta might be laid back like most of them ive had with finny fish

Id be careful with the guppies and a betta together. flowing fins arent betta friendly, however, your betta might be laid back like most of them ive had with finny fish

I ment that if he wanted somthing on the bottom a betta would be out of the question.

It wasnt meant in a bad way. I must have misread something somewhere.

My betta breathes off the top like all of em do but he spends alot of his time at lower levels of the tank, now if his mouth was turned the other way he would make a great bottom feeder

Running into a small problem, my filter is putting quite a current in the water and its dug out a hole in the sand in the bottom. I tried turning it down but it doesn't do much, any suggestions on how to "disperse" the current a little? I was thinking of zip tying a piece of plexi under the filter outlet to help break the current a bit. Its a AC 20 btw.

Put a few plants right under the filterer discharge, stops the current from destroying the bottom. the taller the better.

Back
Top Bottom