New 10g!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jweickum

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey so I'm new to the aquarium scene and I started off with a 10g. Got it in a kit from petco and no one told me about the cycling process. So right now trying to struggle with the ammonia.

image-3895687859.jpg

My awesome golden snail, Walter.
So nice to meet you guys!

Attachments

• image-1064356406.jpg
    image-1064356406.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 90
water changes. water changes. water changes. water changes. water changes. water changes. water changes. water changes. water changes. water changes.

Best way to handle ammonia or any other toxin is water changes. Other than that it's just a big waiting game. Or, if you have a friend with an established tank ask them if you can have a chunk of their filter media to put in your tank.

and welcome to the forum and to fish keeping.

Ya I dont have any friends who have tanks. But I recently got a 23g I think from someone who couldn't take care of his fish anymore.

image-1911943866.jpg

This is my new fish tank. I'm waiting for my 10g to get established before starting this one. This ones lid comes off and the previous owner never sealed the wood so it's slightly rotten. I had to repair the wood and seal it. So I hope I did a good enough job.

And I hope to post the journey of starting that one soon.

Edit: it's a 23g not a 30g as I previously thought.

Back
Top Bottom