New 10gal set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DRad2003

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got a new 10gal tank set up and am cycling. I am looking for a few ideas on what to stock in it. I will have live plants and CO2. Thank you in advance.

I have a high tech 10g planted tank as well. I keep a betta, cory cats, ghost shrimp, and cardinal tetras in there. It's a very nice tank to have. You could also switch out the betta for a Dwarf Gourami.

What lights are you going to have?

You could go with a group of male Endlers if you want color and movement. Cherry Shrimp would also work. Tiger Teddys and Least Killies can go with the shrimp as young shrimp only need to avoid the fish for a few weeks and they are too large for the fish to eat.

I have a high tech 10g planted tank as well. I keep a betta, cory cats, ghost shrimp, and cardinal tetras in there. It's a very nice tank to have. You could also switch out the betta for a Dwarf Gourami.

What lights are you going to have?

Thank you for the quick reply. I was thinking about having some shrimp in there. I have a five gallon with some as well as a betta. The betta has left them alone for about a year now. As far as lighting on the ten gallon I replaced the lights that came with the hood with two daylight cfls. Did you have any suggestions on that? As far as the cory cats and cardinal tetras how many? I am thinking 6 for the tetras? I know nothing about the cory cats.

You could go with a group of male Endlers if you want color and movement. Cherry Shrimp would also work. Tiger Teddys and Least Killies can go with the shrimp as young shrimp only need to avoid the fish for a few weeks and they are too large for the fish to eat.

Thank you for the reply. I really don't know anything about the fish you are talking about. Could you give me some examples please. I will try to look them up if I have some time later today.

Back
Top Bottom