New 125 pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can I ask more info on your setup? Like your lighting, filtration, water temp and measurements, and what equitment you use? ... Even doseing and feeding. Thanks
In my signature is a link to the tank build... http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f20/125-reef-build-100035.html
Quick run down.
Lighting is 3 x 120w LED's and 2 160w URI VHO SuperActinics.
Filtration is a 55g basement sump with an Octopus XS200 skimmer and ROX 0.8 carbon running in a reactor.
Water temp is 80, controlled by a Ranco dual stage temp controller.
Calcium 420, alk 8.5 dKH, mag 1350, pH around 8, nitrate undectable, phosphate undectable.
I dose daily aprox 120 mL of DIY calcium (made with DowFlake calcium chloride) and DIY alk (made with "baked" Arm&Hammer baking soda).
20g water changes every week (well almost every week) using regular Instant Ocean salt.
Feeding is once a day with either NLS pellets, Ocean Nutrition pellets, nori or a home made frozen food mixture.

Gorgeous!! I love the red monti cap!!! What's the white (plating?) coral in front of the red monti? Nice green cap too!! And your nem is nice and brown. :) Just gorgeous.

Gorgeous!! I love the red monti cap!!! What's the white (plating?) coral in front of the red monti? Nice green cap too!! And your nem is nice and brown. :) Just gorgeous.
Thanks.
What I did was place the orange monti cap right on top of a big, tan monti cap. The tan cap is really close to the front glass now and took on a weird growth pattern.

This is a top-down look at just the tan cap before I put the orange on top of it.
top-cap_4-09.jpg

And a top-down of part of the orange cap on top of the tan.
top-cap_4-10.jpg

The coral on the far left of the tank is actually a pachyseris.
pachyseris_2-28-12.jpg

Thanks.
What I did was place the orange monti cap right on top of a big, tan monti cap. The tan cap is really close to the front glass now and took on a weird growth pattern.

This is a top-down look at just the tan cap before I put the orange on top of it.

And a top-down of part of the orange cap on top of the tan.

The coral on the far left of the tank is actually a pachyseris.

Wow!! Loving the montis!!! And that pachyseris is beautiful- I've never seen that before. I love plating and chalice-type corals. Very nice!

Took a couple pics today.

California tort
tort_1-5-13.jpg

Green porites
porites_1-5-13.jpg

Monti cap
cap-orange_1-5-13.jpg

Millepora
millie_1-5-13.jpg

Pachyseris
pachyseris_1-5-13.jpg

Sebae anemone
sebae_1-5-13.jpg

Male clarkii clown guarding eggs.
clown-eggs_1-5-13.jpg

Will any of those clown eggs hatch? I have a couple of Clarkii Clowns and i think they have eggs in their hole under some live rock. I can see a dark patch and they guard it pretty hard, so i think it might be eggs? My husband was asking me if they would hatch and i don't have a clue. Have you had any experience with that sort of thing? Does anyone have success breeding in a home aquarium?

My mated pair have been laying eggs about every 2 weeks for about 6-7 yrs now. All the eggs do hatch, but clownfish eggs hatch at night. When it gets light out and the other fish in the tank see them, they become free fish food. Once you get used to seeing the eggs and how they develop, you can guess when they will hatch. If you wanted to keep the fry and try to raise them, on the night they hatch, as they are hatching you can shine a flashlight over the top of the tank and they will swim to the light and you can net them out. It takes alot of time and effort raising the fry and it's something I don't have the time or desire to do.

Your tank is gorgeous!!

If that's your definition of "good", then you're not allowed to look at my tank. While I think it's nice, It will be very disappointing to you. Haha

Back
Top Bottom