New 12g nano cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raleighfishnerd

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just picked up a 12g nano cube earlier today. Now to figure out what to do with it.

Thinking I might do a mantis tank with this or an angler. Something cool and prob species only.

Getting the tank ready a friend of mine is going to be changing his tank to fake coral instead of live rock and live corals. Don't ask me why I never would. Trading him some freshwater rocks plants and fish for 50lbs of rock and a bunch of corals. Whoohoo! Planning on shutting almost all of my freshwaters down.

Now my only problem is figuring out what to do in this tank. Anyone got any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone usin

may be a mini reef , as for fish there's really not much choice for a tank that size ,
try may be live aquaria nano reef section for fish

Maybe I'll do my girlfriends dream tank. A lot of soft corals a green/painted clown goby and a few green banded gobies

Sent from my iPhone usin

Yeah if I do a mantis I want a peacock mantis so I will just wait till I upgraded one of my 40s and then set it up for one

Sent from my iPhone usin

I like the idea of a mostly coral tank with a few tiny gobies. I loved my green clown goby, he was uber cool. :) Another goby to look at is the "prima canna" candy cane goby. Very tiny but quick and cute.

So my girlfriend made the decision for me. It is going to be a nano reef with green banded gobies, sexy shrimp, clown goby, and possibly a fire shrimp.

Just set the tank up this morning waiting on my buddy to bring me 50lbs of live rock. Gonna use some for this tank and split the rest between my 55 and 36bowfront.

Sent from the Death Star

So didn't get as much rock as I thought I was ended up being about 20lbs but still enough to get this tank going along with some nice mushrooms and some gsp. Keeping all the corals and what rock I didn't use in the 36 for now. Transferred everything from the established little four gallon I had here(just rocks sand and cheato) everything is looking good so far. Gotta bring my test kit home from work tomorrow and check everything.

Sent from the Death Star

So everything tested out good nitrates a little high did a 50% water change and they checked out between 0&5ppm closer to 0.
Decided to put a frag of gsp and a rock with two little mushrooms on it in this morning. They opened up almost instantly
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405798720.213790.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405798746.053442.jpg

Sent from the Death Star

Just got a couple new hairy mushrooms and a green polyp toadstool leather. I'll put up some pics when they open up a little more

Sent from the Death Star

Cool. keep the pictures coming, its awesome to see how it starts and then what it looks like totally full...:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom