New 14G Biocube!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks bribo! :) it's doing amazing! It's growing a new branch and the polyps (if I'm using correct termination :D ) are always fully extended! I'll post a pic tomorrow of it

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Following! You are about 2 months ahead of me, I just started up a 14 bio as we'll. I'm trying to read back through all these.

Hit reply too fast...Have you made any modifications you would recommend? Your tank is coming along very nicely, so jealous. :)

Tank looks good Jameson! Coming along pretty nice! Need some more corals like you got going on lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks Sand Dollar! :) let's see a fts!! So the only mods I've done are keeping the tank feeding lid open and modified the back chamber with an inTank media basket filled with poly fill on the top, phos-guard in the second and chem-pure elite in the lastImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407790515.892311.jpg

No problem! I can't wait to add more, I'm going to go to the lfs probably Friday and see what goodies they got. It is after all Frag Friday haha :D

I'll see if I can get it cleaned up for a proper picture tomorrow. My algae is in full bloom since about last Thursday. We got a few snails yesterday to help clean it up and did a 15% water change today. Fingers crossed, testing water again in the am! It's going to be very boring compared to all the other photos on here so no one hold their breath!

Gotcha, well at least your getting close to adding fish. Seems like everything is going smooth though!

Oops, rookie mistake...Bought first and researched later. So, they sent me home with two fish. I've been doing a fish in/soft cycle. Hopefully it will work out in the long run. Fish seem to be fine, ammonia never got too high and have been zero for a week. Haven't let my other numbers get too high before doing a water change.

I have a clown and a three striped damsel. They really have seemed okay, eating well and moving around the tank. Occasionally one gets territorial and chases the other but usually they hang out together well.

Hey if it's working for you then that's awesome! Yea my whole tank is a bunch of territorial critters lol. Both my clown fish and blue female damsel get along. But I just put in a royal dottyback and the blue damsel was not too happy but they are getting along now! Now that I have my fish it's time to focus on a couple more inverts and coral galore!

So weirdest thing today. Got home from the lfs with some aiptasia-x (they didn't have joe's juice) and after treating the aiptasia, I was just staring at my tank when I noticed the legs of an electric blue hermit crab. So I moved it with a poker and it was just the legs and what looked like face. So here comes the weird part, I only bought two electric blue crabs from my lfs like last month. How is this third one here, even though it's dead.

Back
Top Bottom