New 14G Biocube!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stock lighting on the 14 is fine as long as you keep up with regular bulb replacement. Otherwise switch to led retrofit. Coral wise, you should stick to softie corals like mushrooms, toadstools, zoas(maybe?), etc...

The bta can get quite large and take up a lot if space in a 14 and likely sting anything else in the tank when fully extended. Soft corals like mushrooms will be more tolerant of bta sting.

At least I have had no issues with bta touching mushroom and toadstool corals in my 14.

If your saying the lights are only strong enough for softies, then I would never put a nem under them. IMO if the lights are questionable for sps then animals like nems or clams shouldn't even be considered. A nem that's not getting enough light can become a pest in a tank, it will constantly move and possibly kill corals located where it wants to move. Just my $.02

No. Just saying stick with softies because the nem will get big and occupy most of the space stinging anything in reach.

Okay sounds good. I want something for my clowns to host. Also want to make my tank b-e-a-utiful! I've been looking at hammers, torches, frogspawn, zoas. Idk what else?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Okay sounds good. I want something for my clowns to host. Also want to make my tank b-e-a-utiful! I've been looking at hammers, torches, frogspawn, zoas. Idk what else? Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Clowns will host anything from Xenia to frogspawn. Even just a corner of your tank. Don't need a nem.

Gotcha! Okay well that's a lot more room now lol. So do you all think I need to change my aquascape?

I like it. I think it would be better if you could make it a bit higher. If you could spread the rocks out more there would be more room for coral :)

10 gallon nano reef

Yea I need to! My goby won't be a happy camper but oh well lol. Maybe I'll break up some of the rocks too and make them level-ish. I'm glad I don't need to the the nem in anymore. My fear was he'd get stuck on a power head

Yea I need to! My goby won't be a happy camper but oh well lol. Maybe I'll break up some of the rocks too and make them level-ish. I'm glad I don't need to the the nem in anymore. My fear was he'd get stuck on a power head

Sounds like a plan! My goby wasn't very happy when I moved my rocks. Lol. He's happy now :)

10 gallon nano reef

Haha :) I just want to get it to be like all your guy's tanks. I just got my new Red Sea testing kits to replace my API one and a reef master one. API test kit was saying my nitrates were through the roof but the lfs said they were fine

So what are ideal parameters for the soft and LPS corals I want in there. I tested it today and calcium was 450, magnesium low at like 1000 and alkalinity was about a 7.2

Went to the lfs and found some nice frags! Got a torch and some zoas, not sure what kind they are. Dripped them for about 45 minutes and they are already opening up!View attachment 242189View attachment 242190

Also have another torch coming from Diver's Den! Better watch out bribo, BigRed and 10gal, I'm gonna catch up (;

What test kit did you use for mag? That's awfully low. The frags look good :)

I used the Red Sea one. I could have messed it up, those tests were a lot more complicated then the simple API ones lol. Everything else was where it needed to be.

Well the good news is the torches are doing great! The zoas not so much :( I think might have to try my luck with another fragImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404923429.405433.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404923438.536071.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404923447.598219.jpg

Not sure. Haven't tested them today since I've been at work. I'll try and test them tonight. I did a water change yesterday because my nitrates we at 40. But I've heard zoas don't mind it that high?

Zoas don't mind high but my zoas are loving it at under 5.

Fish are friends not food!

Back
Top Bottom