New 14G Biocube!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So not sure if it's because of all the new media I'm using in back or what but my corals are giant now!! The ric must have doubled in side. Same with my hammer and everything is more open then it has ever been!! I do want to thank all you guys and gals for the expert advice :) here's a daylight ftsImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406227286.973016.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks BigRed :) trying to catch up and make it look as good as you, bribo and 10gal :D I figured that's what it was after reading on it. I ran to the lfs and bought two electric blue hermits to help with the moving of the sand and any extra food

Pshh well deserved to you all! :) I think I'm declaring my Fridays a new day....Frag Fridays!! Haha cheap frags to treat myself!

I wish my lfs had that. One is wayy better then the other. Not too much up here in illinois

See that would be dangerous for me haha :D BigRed I'm in nw illinois. Town called Schaumburg

Beyond the reef and advanced aquatics are both in Schaumburg and great stores. My favorite is reefwise in lisle

Beyond the reef is my new favorite actually! That's where I got the ric, frogspawn, and hammer. Used to go this place called aquarium adventures but it's overpriced and a horrible selection of corals. I'll have to check out advanced aquatic and reefwise, thanks BigRed :)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406409711.499521.jpgso any cure for how brown the sand is? And my water is a little cloudy too. Put in stress zyme plus because I thought it would help add some bacteria...did I make a mistake??

if you cycled and have fish no need to add anymore bacteria, youre good. :)

the brown is just diatoms, they happen with newer tanks and just fade away after a few weeks sometimes longer. You can get critters to eat it or just wait it out. cause remember that clean up crew adds to the bioload too, not as much as a fish but they eat so therefore they poop too. haha

Thanks carey! It looks clear at the bottom but the top of the take looks cloudy?

Back
Top Bottom