New 20 Gallon Long Tank Stocking Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmratajczak

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All,

This is the first time I am posting on here, but I have been a member for quite some time. I just recently got my hands on a 20 gallon long tank and I'm looking for some stocking advice. Here are the specs so far...

Cycled with readings
PH - 8.2
Amm - 0
NO2 - 0
NO3 - 20

Mixture of fake and live plants in black sand substrate

2 - Black Harlequin Rasbora (I know they need a school of at least 5, so I am planning on adding to this number)

This is what I would like to add...

3 more Black Harlequins
2 or 3 Cherry Barbs
5 Corys
1 Centerpiece

1. How many Cherry Barb's should I have?
2. What kind of centerpiece could I have in this tank with these fish? I was thinking either an Angel, Gourami, or GBR. I know the difficulties with each one of these, but what do you think would be the easiest to keep?

I look forward to hearing all of your suggestions!!

P.S. Here's a pic of the tank...

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 74
I would boost the cherries up to 5 . Then for centrepiece do a dwarf gourami, or a pair of german blue rams. Then 6 panda Cories for the bottom.

What about a pair of Bolivian rams...are they easier to keep than the GBR's? I know how sensitive the GBR's can be.

I'm not sure why but I've read threads where people have not suggested them for anything less than 30 gallons. I might be wrong tho.

Back
Top Bottom