New 20g Long Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think you will have any problems besides possibly the snails. If you have had them before then go for it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

When it comes to injecting co² I find that diy seems to be a bit of a nuisance,if I could find a closed diy co² system I might consider it..but then if I were to go that far why not pressurized?

Getcha feet wet fish tank people!

For some color, you could try AR (Alternanthera reineckii). I picked some up from a Topfin gel pack at Petsmart about a year ago and it grew with DIY CO2. This is it in the back left; AR 'mini' is in the front right side: http://i.imgur.com/4upOOPs.jpg
I did DIY for almost a year before I switched to a pressurized system. It worked for what I was doing at the time but I wanted a more controllable source of CO2 and making up the solution started to get old.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Aquacave had a Milwaukee regulator for a steal;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Bonus! New sunsun 304 arrived today...needless to say it didn't take long to setup,packed full of media&packs good flow to boot..impressed,gonna purchase another for my other 20..

Really like that DW now. Are the plants so white on top because of how close to the surface they are?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's a combination of the tank lighting along with my camera phone...haven't found the right setting for a clearer pic... Don't miss the rock at all.

Yes, nicer without the ostrich egg in there :)
If the camera phone has white balance, then it will improve the colors of the pictures. For instance, in the shot you just posted, while taking a picture with an iPhone, tapping the brightest spot on the screen will adjust the brightness and colors. The bright spot will not have glare and the picture will be "balanced". Give it a try.

Much better! Plants looked colorful and not washed out.
I also use Imgur as a photo hosting site. I email the pics to myself (cheap way of resizing them) and upload the smaller images (100-300 KB).

Hey Fresh did you mention you had done diy co2 on the past?if so how beneficial would you think it would be in this setup(i have dry ferts,just not using them currently)?

Have plant order of star grass coming within a couple days,thinking I may remove the the val&place the star grass in its place..

Hey Fresh did you mention you had done diy co2 on the past?if so how beneficial would you think it would be in this setup(i have dry ferts,just not using them currently)?

I think all of the plants in your tank will benefit from the addition of CO2. At the time I was using API Leafzone and Seachem Flourish Comp under a FugeRay. It took several weeks for the DIY CO2 to take effect but when it did, plants that were growing slowly (broadleaf chain sword, dwarf sag, Bacopa caroliniana) took off and and took over the tank.
I did not use a diffuser. I directed the CO2 into one of the HOB intake tubes.

Back
Top Bottom